Countdown

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Being Nice

Last Friday (not yesterday’s Friday) me and my colleague went out to Karamunsing Shopping Complex for some lepaking session (release tension from work bah geng). Since due to the water problem in KK at that time, we decided to grab our launch at KFC (mana lah tau tue kedai makan pun tiada air… imagine how they cook the food… euwwww). While busy enjoying the food there this one guy approach us and handover an envelope and flyer to us. Hmmm donation to the poor children in Philippine… Well, my friend being generous, wanted to donate but I decide to be the devil and told the guy, “We will send the donation ourselves.”
The next day DH and I went again to Karamunsing to collect our destroyed modem. Before that makan dulu la… yet again came the same man with his envelope and flyer.. Luckily DH the first person who give the reaction. He just shakes his head and the guy went away to the other table. What am I trying to say here?

Well actually it’s about where we give the donation. I think we have a lot of orphanage centre and poor people here in Sabah. Why do we want to go and donate those outside of our own place? Well being generous is a good deal of course. I don’t deny it. But why we look at outside of our house and yet those in our own house is still fighting and starving to death?
(Picture taken from Deana)

I remember reading in Deana-e’s Charity Trip to San Damiano Kiulu. There you see, a lot of things you can do to help people in our own place.

Think about it.Am I that bad?

3 comments:

Deana E said...

no..true, help our own people first. and how would you know the man is really collecting donation. there are many con man now ..so just be careful.so, next charity trip we will hunt for you k..

queen quirin said...

hahaha no prob. Usually I'll go for those related with church la. no offence

Hannie C said...

ya.. true.. like deana said.. how would you know that guy is geniun. And sometimes our own children here in Sabah is suffering and yet we are talking about helping those in other country..
now I've a question.. is there a place that you can drop all those old-but-still-good-clothes?